Weight Loss Nutrition helps you
shed the pounds, lose the inches
and achieve A Healthy Balance
Nourishing Your Body. Tuning Your Life Force.
Weight Loss Nutrition.
Whether you are trying to lose five pounds or a hundred, your progress to that goal is greatly impacted by other factors in your overall health.
Consider the following. You body is comprised by a number of interconnected systems. Your circulatory, digestive, nervous, muscular, brain function, immune system and repertory functions determine the overall health of your body. If they are all functioning well, there is the synergy of optimal health that exudes vigor and well-being. A Healthy Balance.
On the other hand, if you are extremely overweight or have heart disease, hypertension, viruses or other illnesses, one or more of your bodies systems will be compromised and that will impact the function of all of the other systems. These types of ailments cause your body to conserve energy and become lethargic.
We’ve learned that effective weight loss occurs when you reduce your caloric intake, optimize your metabolic rate and eat nutrient dense foods. So a healthy body can burn more calories at rest as well as endure highly active energy burning exercises.
So what does nutrition have to do with weight loss?
Your body has amazing recuperative capabilities to overcome ailments and improve functional capabilities. However, it needs the proper nutrients to be able to self-heal. Weight Loss Nutriton for A Healthy Balance.
As well, many of the enzymes and hormones that are essential to well-being do not come directly from the foods you eat. Rather, the food you eat provides the building block materials that your body uses to create these needed elements.
When a healthy diet provides the essential nutrients in proper proportion, A Healthy Balance, your body repairs damage and moves toward health. Balanced nutrition is one of the key elements to enhancing your metabolism as well as optimizing the performance of your normal bodily functions. Again, Weight Loss Nutrition for A Healthy Balance.
So if you are going to modify your diet and undergo more vigorous exercise with the aim of losing weight, don’t you want to ensure your body is your ally in the process? Do it a favor and discover your personal daily dietary and nutritional needs and proper weight loss nutrition.
Poor nutrition can ruin a diet
Most people who need to lose weight are already compromising the nutritional needs of their bodies because they tend to not eat many healthy foods full of nutrients. Few people who focus on primarily eating healthy foods become overweight, regardless of how active their lifestyle.
Once overweight people decide to diet, in their eagerness to lose weight they even further restrict their consumption of many of the vitamins and minerals their body require. This is especially true if they choose a diet plan that severely restricts certain classes of foods. This deprivation can interfere with the body’s immune system and vital organ function such as the liver or kidneys.
So instead of becoming healthier, a poor nutritional program can defeat the whole purpose of the dieting effort. What is needed is good, sound weight loss nutrition in order to achieve A Healthy Balance.
Common issues and tips for weight loss nutrition
- A healthy balanced diet provides almost everything you need for health: the protein, carbohydrates, essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, electrolytes and plenty of water. A dieting body needs the regular supply of essential nutrients to help the body use stored energy (body fat). A healthy balanced diet means sound, weight loss nutrition.
- Chew thoroughly and eat slowly. To be effective in weight loss, you need to get the most out of the food you do eat. Adequately chewing your food ensures proper digestion. Savoring the food you eat helps you enjoy what you are eating more, and allows you to stop eating before you over indulge.
- Many of the B vitamins are required for the chemical process to metabolize fats and carbohydrates (burn calories). Dieters should ensure proper intake of B vitamins. Weight loss nutrition.
- Vitamin C not only helps fight infections, it also helps repair and maintain muscle tissue and blood vessels. Strong muscle tissues are essential to be able to burn calories. Dieters need vitamin C. Weight loss nutrition.
- Many women’s daily calcium intake is far below the recommended 1200-1500mg/day. New research suggests that calcium appears to suppress a process of the body in which fat is deposited. Dieters can benefit by ensuring they meet their daily requirement of calcium, everyone needs 3 servings of dairy/day.
- Protein is essential for health because it is needed for the manufacture of hormones, antibodies, enzymes and tissues as well as maintaining the balance of your pH. Sufficient protein is necessary to limit the loss of lean body tissue when losing weight. If you lose tissue rather than fat you will lower your metabolic rate and impair proper function of your organs. As well, protein tends to keep you feeling full longer than carbohydrates.
- We all know too much sugar is bad, but why? Sugar is converted to glucose which is the energy that powers your cells. That is good! However, when we over consume sugar, your pancreas has to work overtime to produce insulin that can convert excess sugar into fat. Too much sugar creates constipation, dental cavities, depresses the immune system and can promote onset of type 2 diabetes.
- Fiber is a substance that is not digestible, so it adds bulk to foods without calories. High fiber foods (whole grains, vegetables) are good for health in general but for dieters they help you feel full without adding calories. As well, sufficient fiber helps remove toxins from your intestines as you eliminate.
- Drinking water or eating foods high in water content (fruits, vegetables, eggs, soups, fish) also help you feel full compared to their total caloric impact. As well, if you do not properly hydrate, your body starts to store water! To reduce your stored water, drink more.
Return from Weight Loss Nutrition to Weight Loss section.
Return to A-Healthy-Balance home page.
Holistic Health. A Healthy Balance.
Classical Homeopathy. Nutrition.
Nourishing Your Body. Tuning Your Life Force.